Comment – Notice Madoff’s wife and daughter must forfeit nearly all their assets. Further, nearly half of the funds have been recovered for redistribution. The US Ponzi law seems to be clear and decisive, unlike NZ law.
BEGINS – The brother of imprisoned financier Bernard Madoff has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for crimes committed in the shadow of his notorious sibling by a judge who said she disbelieved his claims that he did not know about the epic fraud.
- NZ Herald – Adviser jailed for stealing $4.7m from investors
- Dominion Post – Decisions put Ross claims in doubt
- Dominion Post – Commissioner told of Ponzi scheme concerns
- Dominion Post – Suspected Ponzi strategy: Invest early, take all dividends
- Dominion Post – Chances of recovering Ross funds played down